Monday, April 7, 2008

Personal Statement

I have always enjoyed working with computers. My first computer was an old Apple that had a black and white monitor. It sat in a corner in the basement. We didn't have Internet access, so I entertained myself by making multiple copies of the shortcuts on the desktop. We eventually upgraded to a Windows 98 computer. I began to learn more and more about how computers work and began taking ours apart and putting it back together. I soon was helping my friends build and fix their own computers.


My big break was when I got a job at Computers and Beyond as a Computer Technician. There I greatly increased my knowledge of fixing and building computers. As I increased my experience I began to become more interested in a future career in technology. I am currently planning to attend the University of Minnesota Twin Cities in either Computer Science or Computer Engineering.

My main career goal is to get a job where I can learn more and use my abilities to create something useful while having fun. I would like to be able to do what I enjoy.

I believe I am qualified for this position because of my experience, willingness to learn and responsibility. I feel have the talent necessary to excel in a Computer Technician position.

No comments: